Where we fund…
We will consider applications from UK registered charities based in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. We do not support overseas organisations.
Who we fund…
The Albert Hunt Trust supports organisations that:
- Provide Hospice Care
- Provide support for the Homeless
- Promote health and well being – areas of support under this heading have included physical and learning disability, physical and mental health, plus social challenge and deprivation. We look to support organisations in this category with an annual income of below £250,000. However, we will look at capital projects, such as significant equipment purchases or building works irrespective of the income levels.
What we fund…
Grants may be considered for a range of purposes and could include:
- Single awards for capital projects (building / equipment / renovation)
- Grants for core funding to include staff costs.
- Ongoing running costs for specific projects
The type, size and time period of the award is decided on the basis of the perceived ‘difference’ that our support will make to the organisation, to the project and to the targeted beneficiaries.
It is important that you tell us in your application the full extent of the funding you really need to achieve your aims and objectives, in order for us to assess how best we can contribute.
When awarding grants for capital projects the trustees may wish to visit the organisation to gain further understanding of the aims and objectives of the potential recipient and the need for the project.
What we are unable to fund…
Our funds are limited and in line with our funding policy, and to ensure the most efficient use of resources, we do not currently fund the following areas of work:
- Animal Welfare
- Expeditions and overseas travel
- Individual and sports sponsorship
- Mainstream able-bodied sport (we will consider disabled sports projects)
- Medical research
- Organisations in the health and wellbeing sector with income levels above £250,000 (we will however consider capital projects)
- Promotion of religion