Where we fund…
We will consider applications from UK registered charities based in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland. We do not support CICs or charities working overseas.
Who we fund…
The Albert Hunt Trust supports UK registered charities that:
- Provide Hospice Care – core funding of hospices is a priority.Typical grant sizes range from £10,000-£20,000. We are currently closed to capital funding.
- Provide support for the Homeless – typical core funding grant sizes range from £5,000-£10,000. We look to support organisations in this category with an annual fundraised income (non statutory) of below £500,000. We are currently closed to capital funding.
- Promote Health and Well-Being – areas of support under this heading include mental health of children and young people, carers, cancer support, prisoner support and rehabilitation, social challenge and deprivation.Typical grant sizes range from £500-£5,000. We look to support organisations in this category with a total annual income of below £250,000. As this is a broad area we would encourage you to contact us prior to applying for further guidance.
If you are unsure if you meet our criteria and would like some guidance prior to submitting your application then please contact us via email or telephone and we will be pleased to discuss this with you.
What we fund…
Grants may be considered for a range of purposes and could include:
- Grants for core funding to include staff costs.
- Ongoing running costs for specific projects
The type, size and time period of the award is decided on the basis of the perceived ‘difference’ that our support will make to the organisation, to the project and to the targeted beneficiaries.
It is important that you tell us in your application the full extent of the funding you really need to achieve your aims and objectives, in order for us to assess how best we can contribute.
What we are unable to fund…
Our funds are limited and in line with our funding policy, and to ensure the most efficient use of resources, we do not currently fund the following areas of work:
- Adult Mental Health
- Animal Welfare
- Air Ambulances
- Expeditions and overseas travel
- Medical Research
- NHS Charities
- Organisations in the health and wellbeing sector with income levels above £250,000
- Promotion of religion
- WE ARE CURRENTLY CLOSED TO CAPITAL FUNDING REQUESTS